So, one of the family members I saw while in Arizona was Aunt Penny.
Aunt Penny is a speech therapist!!
So I took advantage of having her around Landon. So she evaluated Landon and watched to what see if should could figure out what his deal is with not speaking.
1. He is delayed in speech-we already know that.
2. Don’t worry because he learns quickly-I just need to spend a little more time with him and play some awesome speech games!
3. He walks on his tippy toes-her only main concern.
4. That can be fixed with high top shoes!
5. He needs boundaries-bad.
6. I am having a hard time being firm with him-that is my own evaluation lol.
See! I am so happy I got to see Aunt Penny, she alone made the trip worth every second of being there.
I learned a few tips and fun things to do with him.
I know it’s silly to want him to talk, because once they start they don’t stop.
However, I don’t want to have to worry about speech classes or anything later on.
I don’t expect Landon to say complete sentences in the next few weeks, or even months.
I just want him to widen his vocabulary and pronounce his words.
What kind of tricks did you use to teach your child(ren) to talk? Or did they just talk?