Right before Valentine’s Day, I heard on the radio of a tasty treat called a cupcake-tini. I had no idea what it was or how it was made, but I knew I wanted it. So, I did some Googling, and found some tasty recipe for alcoholic drinks – not what I was looking for, but definitely a bonus!
Anyways, after some more Googling I felt confident enough in my research that I could make these cupcake-tinis, without a recipe. Lucky for you, I wrote everything down as I went, so I can share it with YOU!
Now this recipe is for a St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcake-tini, however, you can make it with any cake mix – chocolate would be wonderful for a date night
This recipe will make 10-12 cupcake-tinis. So make sure you have enough martini glasses!
What You Need:
- White or yellow cake mix (including the ingredients to make it; oil, eggs etc…) – if you use white mix, your colors will be different than mine came out, I used yellow mix because it’s what I had on hand. You can also make your own cake mix.
- Martini Glasses – I found them at Dollar Tree for $1 each and they have different colored stems! YOU MUST USE GLASS MARTINI GLASSES! PLASTIC ONES WILL MELT!!!
- Food Coloring
- White Frosting
- Green Sugar Sprinkles
- Baking spray
- 3-5 Mixing Bowls – this depends on how many different colors you want in your cupcake-tini, I had 4.
- Stand Mixer
What You Do:
- In your stand mixer, prepare your cake batter according to the directions.
- Before you preheat your oven, remove all the wire shelves except one – leave it at the very bottom of your oven. Preheat oven to 200* Evenly divide your cake batter into the mixing bowls you have. Add food coloring to each batter bowl. With the yellow cake mix, I used 10 drops to get the colors I have. If you use white mix, you won’t have to use as much as I did – and your shades will look different than mine.
- Lightly spray your martini glasses your baking spray.
- Spoon a little bit of each batter into your martini glasses – only fill about 2/3 of the way. Otherwise it takes much longer to bake!
- Place your cupcake-tinis into the oven on the bottom shelf – you won’t be able to fit all of them at once, so just be ready for a few batches. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- When your cupcake-tinis are completely cooled, take about 1/4 of the frosting and melt it in the microwave. Spoon the white frosting onto half of your cupcake-tinis making a thin layer of frosting, sprinkle with the green sugar crystals. Take another 1/4 of the frosting and melt it in the microwave. Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix well. Then drizzle it on the other half of your cupcake-tinis.
That’s it! If you make these, feel free to post them on my Facebook Wall or Tweet Me! I love to see your creations