So I [im]patiently waited for the confirmation email. Guess what?! I got it!
The bestest part? 1 lucky Austin-area resident gets to win 2 FREE tickets to join me on August 31st!
Before I give you the nitty-gritty about the giveaway, let me tell you a few things – you know how I love to educate you first
The LEGO® KidsFest national tour stops in Texas at the Austin Convention Center August 31 – September 2, 2012, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in this three acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find:
• LEGO Model Gallery: 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
• LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
• Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
• Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
• LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
• Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
• LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
• LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
• Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
• Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
• Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets
• LEGO Universe: become a custom LEGO Minifigure in this multiplayer online game
• And much more, covering over 150,000 square feet of space
Do you know how big of an area 150,000 square feet is?!
I think the part I’m most excited for is, the DUPLO LEGOS for Landon. He has recently gotten into his DUPLO LEGOS and “building” stuff.
“Any family who likes to be inspired, get hands-on and have fun together won’t want to miss LEGO KidsFest,” said Vince Rubino, LEGO events manager. “We’re bringing so many activities for Texan families to test and showcase their creativity and building skills in what is sure to be a family event to remember.”
Compared to previous shows you are strongly urged to purchase tickets early. There is no guarantee there will be tickets available for purchase in a few weeks.
Five sessions – all identical – are available for the August 31 – September 2 tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets are $20 for adults and $18 for children and can be purchased online atwww.LEGOKidsFest.com
I would love to meet some of you there – I will be there August 31st *hint hint*
So now for the fun stuff…THE GIVEAWAY!
One lucky Written By Mama reader is going to win 2 (two) tickets to LEGO KidsFest in Austin, Texas on August 31st (I hope we see eachother!).
All you have to do is, Like LEGO KidsFest on Facebook, Follow LEGO KidsFest on Twitter then go HERE to enter your name & email address – this step is the most important. If you don’t do this step, you will NOT be eligible to win.
*Written By Mama is NOT picking winners for this giveaway. You must fill out the form above to be eligible to win. The giveaway will close on August 18th. I will email the winner the tickets once they are chosen.*