Today’s Foodie Friday recipe is for mini calzones! I was looking in the fridge one day and suddenly had the brilliant idea to make some! The best part of this recipe is, you only need a a cutting board, rolling pin & cookie sheet.
What you need:
- package of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1 package of pepperoni (about 20 slices)
- pizza sauce
- cutting board
- rolling pin – you can use a cup
- large baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 400* F
2. Open package of rolls. Start to flatten them with your rolling pin. You really want to make sure they’re flat because they puff.
3. Put a little pizza sauce on half of the biscuit. Put some cheese on there and 2 pepperoni slices.
4. Fold over the other half of biscuit and pinch all the edges – make sure it’s pinched well or they will pop open. Place on baking sheet.
5. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are a light golden color.
A few tips:
Make sure you use more cheese than I did in the picture, the bread puffs.
You could make these as regular pizzas, just put sauce & toppings on the entire biscuit – don’t fold it over.
Use as many different toppings as you want – just make sure it pinches closed.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Pin it, tweet it or blog about it – just give credit where credit is due (: