First off, I apologize for not having any pictures for this recipe. I didn’t think I was going to like it so I didn’t bother taking pictures LOL.
What you need:
- Frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bags of boil in a bag rice (or really any rice but I find it easier to use the boil in a bag)
- Crock pot
- Large pot
- Bowl to put rice in
- Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil
- Pinch of salt
I like to use 1 chicken breast per person. I found that 1 can of soup isn’t enough – it cooks down. Boil in a bag rice is AWESOME.
I use the HEB brand of everything except for the coconut oil.
1. Place frozen chicken breasts into crock pot. Add both cans of Cream Of Mushroom Soup.
2. Turn crock pot on low and let cook for 4-5 hours (or until just cooked through – you don’t want dry chicken).
3. If the chicken is tender, it will be easy to cut up inside the crock pot with a spatula – do that. Turn crock pot on ‘warm’
4. Cook your rice according to the directions. Add your pinch of salt when it starts boiling.
5. Put rice in a bowl and add 2tbspns of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil to it.
6. Put rice in individual serving bowls and top with the cream of mushroom & chicken concoction.
I also made crescent rolls with this meal. With the rice and chicken, we were full before even finishing the first bowl – I did make big bowls though LOL.
When I make this again I will make sure to add pictures.
I’m sure I’ve heard of this recipe before so I don’t take full credit for it. I guess that’s what I get for falling asleep while watching the cooking channel