Today’s blog challenge was originally “10 things I would tell my 16 year-old self, if I could.” But I don’t think there are 10 things, so I’m going to stick with 5. Also, I don’t really remember my 16th year. I have some pretty important ones for 17 though.
1. Don’t get attached to Justin, he’s moving back to El Paso in a few months.
2. Be extra nice to Aaron & Andrew – my little brothers are moved away and starting their own lives. Aaron is in the Navy, married with a little boy. I’ve never met my nephew and Aaron and I had a huge falling out. Andrew is in AIT and being stationed in Germany a few weeks after he’s done with AIT. I haven’t seen him since early April.
3. Do not drink all the Appletinis – A friend had her birthday and there was lots of alcohol. I drank like 12 appletinis and got sick. Cheetos and booze are not a good mix.
4. Don’t put your cigarettes in your jacket pocket the last week of school, they will fall out and coach will confiscate them – I’ve been smoke free for 2 years and 7 months (on August 17th).
5. Don’t worry about the mistakes – I’ve made plenty, who hasn’t? They got me to where I am now and I wouldn’t change that for the world.
So tell me, what are 5 things your could tell your teenage self?